Call For Posters
Poster contest winners!
Poster prizes have been awarded in the following categories:
- Bachelor students, including students from the universities of applied sciences (HBO)
- 1st prize: Tania-Andreea Grama, Dawid Zalewski and Javier Ferreira Gonzalez - Machine learning based sensor fusion for localization applications
- 2nd prize: Tianai Dong - Disambiguate Explicit Discourse Connectives in Text
- Master students
- 1st prize: Shreyasi Pathak, Christin Seifert and Michel van Putten - Deepsleep: Deep Learning for Automatic Sleep Scoring
- 2nd prize: Rumjana Romanova and Veronika Cheplygina - Instance Label Stability in Multiple Instance Learning
- PhD students & Post docs
- 1st prize: Meike Nauta, Doina Bucur and Christin Seifert - Causal Discovery with Attention-Based Convolutional Neural Networks
- 2nd prize: Daphne Miedema - What are common mistakes that novices make when learning query languages?
- People’s choice
- Maaike Heijdenrijk - Keeping the world quantum safe with elliptic curves
The winners of the best poster prizes also get the opportunity to present their work at ICT.OPEN!
Call for Posters
All women students (Bachelor/Master/PhD) and post docs of computing and related subjects are invited to enter one of the poster contests during Alice & Eve 2020.
To enter the poster contest, you will have to write a 250 word abstract on the topic of your poster.
Your abstract can be on any computing topic you like, e.g. it can be on a topic from social networking to quantum computing; and from medical image processing to formal verification. If it involves computers, we’re interested. If you aren’t sure what a 250 word abstract looks like, we have some example abstracts here (from the British BCS Lovelace Colloquium).
Submit your abstract here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aliceeve2020.
Friday 20 December 2019 (23:59), (extended) Saturday 11 January 2020 (23:59)
 We interpret “Related subjects” very broadly – we would like to involve everybody in the area of computing in the broadest sense. If you’re not sure, drop the organisers an email on AliceAndEve2020@lists.utwente.nl, we’ll probably say “yes”.
Poster Selection Committee
The poster selection committee and jury will consist of the following people
- Fenia Aivaloglou, Leiden University
- Aysenur Bilgin, CWI
- Faiza Buhksh, University of Twente
- Eleni Constantinou, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Marieke Huisman, University of Twente (co-chair)
- Stacey Jeffery, CWI
- Anna-Lena Lamprecht, Utrecht University
- Sophie Lathouwers, University of Twente (co-chair)
- Cynthia Liem, Delft University of Technology
- Veelasha Moonsamy, Radboud University
- Alma Schaafstal, University of Twente (co-chair)
- Marielle Stoelinga, University of Twente (co-chair)