Bug #293

timed test run terminates with uncaught java exception

Added by Anonymous over 10 years ago. Updated over 10 years ago.

Status:ResolvedStart date:18 Feb 2010
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

100%

Category:-
Target version:1.4.0

Description

after several 1000 test steps, jtorx comes to a halt due to an uncaught exception. The reason seems to be a malformed number: jtorx expects a string with an integer (to be converted to a long), but the string contains a decimal number. A hardcopy of the console output is attached.

jtorx_bug.txt Magnifier (11.1 KB) Anonymous, 18 Feb 2010 12:25

Associated revisions

Revision a297cc92
Added by Axel Belinfante over 10 years ago

parse time-to-apply as double instead of as long (fixes #293)

TODO: detect when we return an observation too late
i.e. detect the following case:
we first apply a stimulus@t2
then we return a pending observation@t1
and then (when we return the observation) we should check
that it is not the case that t2 > t1 -- because if that is
the case, we should stop the test with an error message

History

#1 Updated by Axel Belinfante over 10 years ago

I'm aware of this issue(*) -- what effectively surprises me is that the only crashes at this point, and not much earlier.

Anyway, I guess I should fix this for once and for all, by being able to deal with decimal numbers.

(I should also deal with the case where we too late detect that we gave a stimulus even though (it turned out that) there was a pending observation --
it may not be possible to prevent/solve that race, but at least the Adapter can notice that it happened when it is about to pass the pending observation)

note (*): I added the -i flag in new-instantiator.pl to make the instantiator return integers, mostly because of this.

#2 Updated by Axel Belinfante over 10 years ago

attempted a fix for the parsing in a297cc921a025ef0c7498cb5ff98867a4caa8ea4
(and for the race detection in b59a1872384c83434300ec9c13b15efaf1f35ace)

#3 Updated by Axel Belinfante over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

#4 Updated by Axel Belinfante over 10 years ago

  • Target version set to 22

#5 Updated by Axel Belinfante over 10 years ago

  • Target version changed from 22 to 1.4.0

Also available in: Atom PDF