Call for Participation & Posters
Alice & Eve 2020 is a free, one day meeting to celebrate women in computing in the Netherlands. The event is open to everybody, from Bachelor and Master students up to full professors.
This is the first time this event is held in the Netherlands. It is inspired by the BCS Lovelace Colloquium, which has been held for over 12 years. We hope to build up a similar tradition with Alice & Eve.
Alice & Eve will take place on January 24, 2020 in Waaier 3 at the University of Twente.
The day will feature talks, a poster contest, an exhibition on women in computing, a free lunch and coffee breaks.
The date: Friday, January 24, 2020 The venue: Waaier 3 at University of Twente Poster submission deadline: Friday, December 20, 2019 (23:59)
The colloquium is open to all (also without a poster), and free – you have to sign up online first though. You can register here.
The following speakers have already confirmed their participation in the event:
- Emily Jacometti, Flavour
- Stacey Jefferey, CWI
- Felienne Hermans, University of Leiden
- Alexander Serebrenik, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Anna Sperotto, University of Twente
- Joyce Westerink, Eindhoven University of Technology
Poster prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Bachelor students, including students from the universities of applied sciences (HBO)
- Master students
- PhD students & Post docs
Poster submission is open now at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aliceeve2020. More detailed information about the poster contest and submission guidelines are available here. The submission deadline is Friday, December 20th, 2019 (23:59).
- Marieke Huisman, University of Twente
- Sophie Lathouwers, University of Twente
- Alma Schaafstal, University of Twente
- Marielle Stoelinga, University of Twente
If you have any other questions, feel free to email us on AliceAndEve2020@lists.utwente.nl.